Monday, October 15, 2012

Update!

Hey poetry world!
So, I don't have anything new to share but I honestly felt like coming on and updating everyone with my life.
So here's a couple things.

I've been approved to go to Africa in February! I'm excited! So I'm going to start figuring out how to form a poetry workshop for the kids down there. This is truly an experience I am glad to be a par of and I thank God entirely.

Secondly, that poem I wrote for the wedding..well I did it yesterday and honestly it was such a blessing! I felt good knowing that I made the bride and groom happy. I know they wanted it to be a surprise so at the wedding rehearsals, they didn't even let me say it lol. So the look their faces are priceless. So with that note, the biggest shout out to Paul and La-Dana on their marriage!

A reminder: R.I.S.E poetry happens EVERY monday at the STC youth center at 6. Join the Facebook group for updates! I try to make it there when I can but right now school is killing me so I haven't been. I'm hoping that next week I can work it out and go!

Last thing: I might be creating an eBook of all my poetry. Everything is in the process of getting a copyright! WOOO. I'm hoping to be able to publish my book of poetry, make a couple copies and sell them to help raise funds for my Africa trip. I'll keep the world updated on all of that at a later date.

AS FOR NOW.
stay blessed.
Be you. be beYOUtiful

No comments:

Post a Comment